Information Regarding Student Accommodation
AFDA assists in this process by maintaining a list of accommodation options near the campuses. However, AFDA does not secure accommodation on behalf of the student, nor do we have any campus residences.
The list may include private student residences, youth/ student hostels, garden cottages, or apartments and houses to let and to share. Some of the accommodation is within walking distance; otherwise, transport options need to be considered. While AFDA endeavours to list sufficient accommodation options for students and prospective students to consider, we can give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the content nor the terms, conditions and standards of accommodation listed.
Hence, we accept no liability for any losses or damages arising out of the use of this list or any other accommodation information provided.
CHECK OUT DIGS CONNECT TO SEARCH FOR ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS NEAR CAMPUS AND IN THE CITY OF YOUR PREFERRED CAMPUS: WWW.DIGSCONNECT.COM
OTHER TOP ACCOMMODATION PROVIDERS INCLUDE:
JOHANNESBURG: KINGSWAYPLACE.CO.ZA / WWW.RICHMONDLIFE.CO.ZA
CAPE TOWN: WWW.HERONSQUARE.CO.ZA
You can request the campus accommodation list via email or collect a copy from the campus when you visit for a consultation or an Open Day:
International students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Johannesburg campus: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Town campus: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Durban campus: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
PE Campus: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
TIPS BEFORE SIGNING A LEASE AGREEMENT
- Always read the contract.
- It is not advisable to settle the entire contract period’s lease payments upfront. Only pay the required deposits and first month’s lease.
- Watch out for additional costs such as water, electricity, parking, cleaning services, garden services and administrative fees.
- Check the campus location online and confirm the distance of the location to your campus.
- In South Africa, it is illegal to sub-let – do not consider this as an option.
- Ask questions about furnishings, crockery, cutlery and facilities for example how many students per house and how many bathrooms per student.
- Bedding is normally not provided – check this prior to arrival.
- Ensure to communicate and plan arrival and key handover with the landlord in advance.