Design Academy of Fashion International Applicants
Applicants that do not live in the Republic of South Africa should read through the following steps carefully. This will give an indication of the timeframe which should be taken into account when applying. It is suggested that the process commence as early as possible.
- Applicants are required to have a Matric Certificate with the relevant endorsement or equivalent thereof. A foreign qualification can be certified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please note that the process can take anything from 10 to 30 working days. Please check the form for applicable fees.
- You may apply at the Design Academy of Fashion in the meantime, however, acceptance will be based on the outcome from SAQA for foreign students.
- Proof of payment of the R2600,00 application fee for non-South African citizens must also accompany the application. If you have already received your certificate from SAQA please submit this as well. All copies need to be certified. Please ensure that all copies once scanned are readable.
- DAF will send you an acceptance letter once your portfolio is approved, stating the duration of the course you applied for.
- You will then need to go to the nearest South African Embassy or Consulate to apply for a Study Visa, using the acceptance letter. The Embassy will advise of any further requirements as well as fees payable before acceptance. The visa may take up to 8 weeks. Once you have received your visa, you can book your trip to the RSA.
- On arrival at DAF, a copy of the study visa will be required for your file. The study visa must state specifically that the student will be studying at the Design Academy of Fashion.
- DAF does not offer accommodation, We are, however, happy to assist students, where possible, in finding suitable accommodation.