Exxaro Learnerships South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Exxaro is a coal and minerals mining company in South Africa, with offices and operating facilities across Africa, Australia, Asia and Europe. Formerly known as “Kumba Resources”, Exxaro is one of the biggest black-owned resources companies in South Africa.
The company are involved in the mining of Base Metals, Ferro-alloys, Coal, Iron and Mineral Sands.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
Exxaro Coal Mpumalanga have a learnership programme for students who wish to pursue a career in Engineering. The learnership includes practical work experience and structured learning.
Exxaro learnerships available in the following fields:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Plater / Welder
- Fitting (including Machining)
Candidates interested in applying for this learnership position should ensure that they meet the following criteria – failure to meet ALL of these requirements will result in your application being denied.
- South African citizen
- Reside within close proximity to Malta Coal (within a 50km radius)
- Completed Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum of 40% or an E symbol for Matric Mathematics and English
- Must have completed an NCV 4 with a minimum of 40% or an E symbol
- Students who completed Matric at a Technical High School must have achieved a minimum of 40% or an E symbol
- Electrical trade students – must have achieved a minimum of 40% for all subjects on an NCV 4 N3 qualification
- Mechanical trade students – must have achieved a minimum N2 qualification with 4 subjects (Mechanical Trades must have completed Trade Theory, Plater/ Welders must have completed Structural Drawings)
- Not currently employed
- Good command of the English language (able to read, write and speak English)
- Have a valid driver’s license (advantageous but not essential)
- In good medical health – a medical examination will be conducted by Exxaro
*Preference will be given to candidates per the Exxxaro EE Plan
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested in applying must do so by writing to the Exxaro Malta training Centre, at:
Fax: 086 621 2713
(Contact Person: Bonita Morel)
Attach copies of the following documents to your application fax/ email:
- South African Identity document (certified copy)
- Matric OR Matric Technical certificate (certified copy)
- Driver’s License (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Letter
- Proof of residence
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview. Candidates may also be required to take part in a competency evaluation, a medical examination and a psychometric evaluation.
If you have not received any feedback from Exxaro within 21 days of the application deadline, please consider your applications unsuccessful.
13 October 2021
Tel: 012 307 5000
See Also: List of Learnerships in South Africa.