Gold Fields Learnerships South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Gold Fields Limited is a producer of gold with 8 mining operations in South Africa, Ghana, Australia and Peru. The mining firm has been operating since 1887 in South Africa.
Gold Fields produces approximately 2.2 million ounces of gold each year.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
Gold Fields offers learnerships in the mining sector, generally within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Mine Manager
- Diesel Mechanic
- Fitter & Turner
- Ropes man
Candidates who have been shortlisted, will be required to attend an interview and undergo a medical fitness test at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Care Centre.
Candidates interested in applying for this learnership position should ensure that they meet the following criteria – failure to meet ALL of these requirements will result in your application being denied.
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed qualification in your chosen field of application
- Good command of the English language (able to read, write and speak English)
- Medically fit
- Computer literate
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit records
- Committed to learning
- Willing and eager to work
- Able to work well in a team
- Mining work experience (advantageous)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.goldfields.co.za/graduates-apprentices-and-students.php
You may be required to submit copies of the following documents:
- South African Identity document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Qualification certificate (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Employment references, if applicable
Learnership applications generally open at the beginning of every year and close mid-year, each year.
Tel: 011 562 9700
See Also: List of Learnerships in South Africa.