Inscape was established in 1981 as the first creative and multi-disciplinary design institution in South Africa. We place great emphasis on our people and their personal development within the microcosm. Our core values; Quality, Authenticity and Relationships drive us to grow, improve and make a difference in everything we do. The organization has experienced significant growth since its inception and now extends its ethos and offering internationally.
A Brief History:
- 2019: Inscape enrolled and graduated its first cohort of BA Honours in Design students at the Cape Town and Pretoria campuses respectively.
- 2018: Inscape Dubai campus opens in The Dubai Design District. Inscape Young Designers Award is established. Inscape rebrands and launches global website. Inscape financially assists 93 students to access higher education.
- 2017: Offsite is launched (online learning platform). Inscape co-hosts Design Education Forum of Southern Africa (DEFSA) conference. Inscape financially assists 66. students to access higher education. The first cohort of Ideation Design students graduate.
- 2016: Inscape Johannesburg moves to the new Midrand Campus. Inscape financially assists 24 students to access higher education.
- 2015: Inscape launches Inscape Project81, Inscape Play (the International Student Exchange Program) and Inscape Exchange (Scholarship Program). Pretoria campus moves to new Waterkloof Glen premises. Inscape financially assists 12 students to access higher education.
- 2014: Rick Edmonds hands over to Helen Buhrs who becomes the majority shareholder, Managing Director and Principal.
- 2013: Inscape rebrands.
- 2012: Received programme accreditation from Council on Higher Education (CHE) for Higher Certificate in Architectural Technology, Interior Decorating, Fashion Design and Design Techniques. Bachelor of Design qualification offered at Durban campus.
- 2011: Distance campus launched. Durban campus launched in Morningside – Durban.
- 2006: Received programme accreditation from Council on Higher Education (CHE) for Bachelor of Design. Cape Town campus, re-established in City Centre.
- 2005: Autodesk accredited training centre approved at Pretoria campus.
- 2002: Received programme accreditation from Council on Higher Education (CHE) for Diploma in Interior Design and Diploma in Graphic Design.
- 2000: Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
- 1998: Pretoria campus opened in Menlo Park, Pretoria.
- 1997: 3 year Diplomas offered for the first time.
- 1996: Inscape launched its first website.
- 1995: Autodesk Accredited Training Centre approved at Johannesburg campus.
- 1988: Introduced computers and taught AUTOCAD. Rick Edmonds takes over the business from his father Harry Edmonds.
- 1986: Graphic Design Course offered. Cape Town campus opened in Llandudno, Cape Town.
- 1981: Inscape Study Centre established by Harry Edmonds and Cherry Whitehead in Illovo, Johannesburg offering an Interior Design Course.
Inscape Education Group Online Application 2023 – 2024
Inscape Education Group History