Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Registration 2022-2023
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Registration – Check Below:
Registration Guidelines: Finance Issues
University Council met on November 2019 to finalize registration dates and confirmed the following:
- The university will reopen on the 6th of January .
- Registration for returning students will start on the 7th of January .
- First-year registration will start on the 22nd of January to the 24th of January .
- Bachelor of Pharmacy first-year students will be registering on the 15th to 16th of January .
See Also: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Admission Point Score APS
In summary, registration will start on the 7th to the 31st of January .
PURPOSE OF THE COMMUNIQUE
- The document guides colleagues on the basic principles and practices during the registration process. The document has been informed by past practices during registration and will be used as a reference point in the future.
- The guiding principle is guiding against the financial exclusion of some of the students especially those who cannot genuinely afford, whilst also strengthening internal controls by minimizing discretion amongst SMU staff involved in the registration process. The SMU also seeks to improve its liquidity by reducing credit/default risk.
FIRST YEAR REGISTRATION
- Every student who has been granted space or accepted to study at the University for the first time as a first year entering or a continuing student will be expected to pay registration fees of R4500
- Students who have received bursaries as evidenced by confirmation letters from either NSFAS or Public Sector sponsors or listed verified sponsors are ordinarily not expected to pay registration fees, hence unblocked automatically;
- Any other special case, as determined by officials should be directed/handled by the CFO or delegate.