South African Theological Seminary Postgraduate Courses
SATS is known for providing rich online learning experiences. Our MySats platform affords our students a world-class portal for e-learning, connecting you to your study materials, fellow students, course facilitator, library holdings, and assessment tasks. We aim to take the distance out of distance education by automating processes that can and should be instant, freeing our staff to offer fast and friendly service where the personal touch is needed.
We serve people who are committed to the Lord Jesus Christ, who love and respect the Word of God and dedicate their lives to advancing the kingdom of God through practical ministry. Like Pierre de la Ramée, we believe that theology is ‘the doctrine of living well for God’.
Since all our teaching and learning takes place online, you will need regular, personal access to the Internet. SATS courses can be completed on a smartphone or a tablet, but a personal computer is desirable for writing longer essays.
The SATS MDiv is a 240-credit degree, consisting of 180 credits of coursework and a 60-credit capstone project. To register for the MDiv, you need an accredited four-year degree or equivalent with above-average grades. In South Africa, this means a qualification on NQF level 8 with an average of at least 60 per cent. For foreign applicants, we calculate equivalents on a case-by-case basis. You do not need to have any prior studies in theology. Your degree can
Please note that the MDiv programme does not grant direct access to the PhD programme; the MDiv grants access to the MTh programme, which in turn grants access to the PhD.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BTh Honours Concentrations
We offer two concentrations in our Bachelor of Theology Honours Program. The launch of the BTh Honours with a Counselling Concentration Internship will be available in Term 3 (August – October 2021) and the full program 2022.
Firstly, the General Bachelor of Theology Honours provides a broad range of courses in Biblical studies, systematic theology, missions, ministry, and required courses in research design and methodology. You have considerable freedom to choose elective courses that fit your interests and ministry priorities. You should prefer this option if your motivation is to prepare for pastoral ministry, missions, teaching, or if you are preparing to continue your graduate studies.
Secondly, the Bachelor of Theology Honours with a Concentration on Christian Counselling is for those who are preparing to serve as professional Christian counsellors and considers continuing to a Master in Christian Counselling. This programme has a fixed curriculum – In addition to the required bible and theology courses and research and design courses (60% of the honours), the counselling courses including an internship, make up the other 40% of the honours).