The Animation School Online Application 2022-2023-How To Apply
Download the Application Guide for an overview of the application process
Step 1: Prepare Your Portfolio
The following pieces must be included in the portfolio:
- 1 x Comic strip (6 panels) showing how to apply to study at The Animation School (download the template)
- 6 – 12 Additional artwork pieces which you have personally produced in the past 3 years made up of any medium; illustrations, paintings, graphic design, portrait drawing, figure drawing, sculptures, digital artwork, animations or any other medium the applicant believes will motivate his/her application
Step 2: Compile Your Portfolio
Compile a single PDF document that includes the following:
- Scanned or photographed artwork
- Comic strip
- Links to any short films or animations created by the applicant can be added to the portfolio but this is not a requirement.
Step 3: Write a Motivation Letter
Write a one-page (A4) motivation that addresses the following question:
- Why do you want to study at The Animation School?
Step 4: Complete the Application
- Once you have compiled your portfolio, start completing the online form. You can save the form for later use.
- Complete all personal details in the online application form
- Upload the motivation letter
- Upload the portfolio
- Upload national senior certificate/ statement of results/ other qualification