University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Online Application
Applications Closing Dates:
- Medicine: 30 June 2023
- All other programmes: 30 September 2023
- South African citizens: R200
- International students: $146
- South African citizens – late application: R400
- SADC and Africa students: R470
Tel: (031) 260 1111
Tel:(031) 260 8596
UKZN has two methods of application.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAf/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making the application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First-time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
2. Paper-based application- Click here
How to Apply-First Time South African Applicants
Semester 1: January
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make an application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
Where To Obtain A CAO Form
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply online: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R250 on time and R470 for late applications
Before you proceed to application, click on the links below for information:
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Tuition Fees
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Admission Requirements
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Courses Offered
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicants wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
Closing Dates For South African Citizens
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 30 June: No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
Semester 2: (August Intake)
• Apply directly to UKZN.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R200.
Applications directly to the University
• If you would like to apply for undergraduate non-degree studies or for an undergraduate programme not listed in the CAO Handbook, you must apply directly to UKZN.
• If you have not studied before and would like to apply for admission in the second semester of an academic year, you have to apply directly to UKZN. Only limited programmes will consider first time applicants for entry into semester 2. Applications for semester 2 will only be considered if minimum requirements are met and if spaces are available. Undergraduate Prospectus
• The 2024 – 2025Undergraduate Prospectus provides information on entrance requirements and closing dates for all programmes offered at UKZN. How To Obtain A UKZN Undergraduate Application Form• Download a Undergraduate Application Form OR
• Contact the UKZN on 031 260 2212/7877
033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Undergraduate prospectus OR
• Write to enquiries at email@example.com to request application material. Application Procedures• Return your completed application form with all the required documents and proof of payment of an application fee to the address on the front cover to reach us before or on the closing date.• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full.
• Provide your existing student number on page one of the application form if you have been registered before.
• Indicate if you which to apply for financial assistance.
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences.
• Enclose application fee or attach proof of payment.• New applicants will be provided with a UKZN student number.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN.
• The UKZN will advise you of the outcome of your application in writing or by SMS.
Semester 1 (February – June)
• Medicine: 30 June : No late applications are accepted
• All other programmes: 30 September
Late applications will be only be considered if entry requirements are met and if spaces are available.
Semester 2 (August -November)
The closing date for semester 2 applications is 30th April
• R200 on time applications.
• R400 late applications where allowed.
• If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
• The UKZN charges a late fee of R400 for applications received after the closing dates. Not all qualifications will accept late applications. Programmes may consider late applications only if spaces are available and if entrance requirements are met.
Details for the application fee account for Undergraduate/Postgraduate and International applicants
|Name: University Of KwaZulu-NatalBank: Standard Bank
Acc. No: 053080998
Branch Code: 045426
Reference: F001 11402 With Applicant’s Full Name
Please provide your details on the deposit slip. Provide account reference number F001 11402 if required.
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Undergraduate Online Application
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Postgraduate Online Application
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Late Application
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Undergraduate Prospectus Pdf Download
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Postgraduate Prospectus Pdf Download
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Application Form
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Undergraduate Application Form
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Postgraduate Application Form
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN International Application Form
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Application Closing Date
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Online Application Status – Check Status
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Undergraduate Online Application Status
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Postgraduate Online Application Status