Wits University Postgraduate Apply Online
Wits University Postgraduate Apply Online | See Details on Wits University Postgraduate Apply Online Step By Step Guide Below:
How to apply for postgraduate study
Use the course finder to find the course entry for your program of study. The entry will contain the requirements and closing dates for your program of study, or provide a link to the relevant school or department for more information.
Apply online at www.wits.ac.za/applications
Research and PhD applicants, please note that before applying you will need to approach the relevant school or department to discuss your choice of a research topic and the availability of a supervisor.
Pay the application fee of R200. Current Wits students who apply online do not need to pay this fee.
Wits University Application Fees
Standard Bank | Current Account | Account number: 200 346 385 | Branch: Braamfontein
Swift Code: SBZAZAJJ
Use your Person/Student Number when making payment as your reference.
Certain programs require additional departmental forms in addition to completing the online application. These will be available on the course finder entry or from the relevant school or department. Please complete and return these forms within the timeframe for submission. Incomplete applications are not considered.
Documents are required to be uploaded before submission to the online application.
The application fee and the SAQA certificate of evaluation may be uploaded after submission via the self-service portal. Documents must have been certified within the last 3 months.
Successful applicants can accept an offer without submitting certified hard (physical) copies of academic qualifications. However, the University will verify any information/documents submitted and immediately cancel your registration, record such against your record, and take necessary legal action if any fraudulent document/s and/or other misrepresentation had been provided.
- This document provides helpful information about obtaining Digital/Electronic Transcripts and Certificates from different Higher Education Institutions.
- The Checklist Explanation Document provides more information about application documents. This is a generic list. The specific checklists that apply to you will be communicated via your acknowledgment letter and appear on your self-service portal.
Once your application is complete, it is referred to the relevant school for assessment.
Each application is considered individually. There is no set time frame for decision-making. Most schools make a final decision at the end of the academic year or the beginning of the new academic year.
Monitor the progress of your application on the self-service portal.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your program choice, amend your preferences via this link. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address, or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
How to Apply to Wits University
University of the Witwatersrand Undergraduate Application Forms
University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Application Forms
University of the Witwatersrand Undergraduate Online Application
University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Online Application
University of the Witwatersrand Online Application
University of the Witwatersrand Application Forms
University of the Witwatersrand Online Application Forms
University of the Witwatersrand Application Procedure
University of the Witwatersrand Application for Accommodation