Database Administrator – World Vision
Purpose of the Position:
The Database Administrator is responsible for setting up the computer-based database system, and ensuring its efficient operation for effective and efficient roll-out of the ECHO Emergency program Humanitarian Accountability and Monitoring & Evaluation system to support program management and accountability functions. S/he contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of World Vision programming.
- Assess, propose and develop database and software solutions for data collection (including mobile data capture), analysis and reporting. (Preference for object oriented software programming languages, that is, C# (Sharp), SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Designs Geographical spatial databases and mapping of project sites and operational areas using ArcGIS software.
- Oversee day-to-day integrity of database and database procedures, which may include: conducting weekly and monthly audits of data to confirm use of accurate entry processes; identifying and eliminating duplicate records; and maintaining users’ security settings
- Maintain regular back-ups of databases and security of program information
- Train ECHO Emergency program staff how to use the database for data capture and processing to produce scheduled and on demand reports and monitor users’ access.
- Develop and support a data quality compliant filing system for district and national level hard copy forms and source documents that back up IPTT data.
- Provide capacity-building on quality, management and control issues
- Conduct process monitoring of project activities and provide feedback on monitoring findings to partners and programme teams for improvement in programme quality
- Maintain functional complaints and response mechanisms and follow up on complaints received and respond in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/Information Systems/Statistics or equivalent
- 3 years working experience in database design, data collection, and analysis and reporting or other related field
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Ep-info and Excel; and information dissemination software.
- Familiarity with M&E frameworks particularly for ECHO funded programmes
How to apply
To apply CLICK HERE